Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Too Old for American Idol
Just the other day my DH and I realized that we are officially too old to audition for American Idol!! Now this is not to say that either of us had a burning desire to expose our talents (or lack thereof) to the entire world, but it seemed sort of momentous that we had officially outgrown an activity for young adults. Could we possibly really be getting OLD? So later I started thinking about age and where I am in my life and I had this realization: I am always as happy as I decide to be. So I have decided to be happy. Sounds simple enough, right?

In the same week Oprah was talking to older women who looked much younger than their years, and I was struck by a woman who said she was proud of her wrinkles because she had earned each and every one of them. Something about this statement resonated with me and has been rattling around in my mind every since. I wonder how many wrinkles I will have earned by the time I am 50 or 60 or 70? If I'm going to wrinkle, I want to have earned them along the way. No frown lines for me, than you very much. I plan to earn those smile lines! So what do you think? Will you endeavor to earn your wrinkles too?

No comments:

Post a Comment