Thursday, May 3, 2007

Bottoms Up!!

After an evening of “who’s got the Benadryl?” you would think I wouldn’t be surprised to wake up this morning to find a bare pink bottom staring me in the face. (You’d think, but then you’d be wrong.) I wouldn’t even venture a guess as to what kind of diaper malfunction occurred in the wee (no pun intended) hours of the morning, but I am pretty tired of wrestling my washer this week while it spin cycles our sheets and mattress cover. But oh thank heavens for the mattress cover!

The last three weeks we have been limping along as a family trying to stay well, but just as soon as one of us perks up another takes a nose dive. If this is the outlook for Spring, I am ready for Summer! Yesterday was one LONG day of multiple doctor visits for me and the kids (and poor generous Bx2) but I have hope that the future will include full nights of sleep any day now. DH and I have been limping along with roughly 4 hours of sleep a night for well over three weeks now and I can see the impact. I am cranky. He is cranky. We just want to fall into bed and crash but every time we try, at least one child wakes up wailing. What we wouldn’t give for everyone to get a good night’s sleep.

So while we have been limping along at home, I have tried to stay organized even though my efforts seem to be driven thru a hazy fog. It is fortunate I am not asked to operate heavy machinery too often. The car alone is plenty enough for me to maneuver these days while loading the diaper bag seems almost a bit too complex some days! Right now I am obsessed with conquering the multiple calendars I keep updated around the house. Not that I expect this to truly solve anything, but in my haze it seems like a good place to start.

I will say the High Impact class appeared to go over well this past weekend. Everyone seemed to learn something new and enjoyed making new projects. It even served to reignite my excitement about May being National Scrapbooking Month. Convenient that the first Scrapbooking Blitz is planned for this month. This blitz is very exciting to me personally, as I am in just as much need of a catch-up day as anyone else. The beautiful papers have me particularly excited. So much that I’ve almost had a hard time planning the layouts for fear of missing an opportunity to use them all equally. The double sided nature can help and/or hurt with this dilemma depending on my mood (which changes more often than the wind these days).

Well I’m off to wrestle the dryer now and get more coffee. Thank goodness for coffee. It is the only thing that gets me out of bed some days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment