Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New Wheels-On the Move



OK, I always enjoy finding new ways to use a stamp set and if I can harass a nephew in the process, well the merrier! So the fact I needed a birthday card for a 'too cool for kiddie cards' nephew getting ready to get his learner permit gave me just the free license I needed to create this card. Funny, I know, that I didn't use the car stamp, but if you knew about all the shenanigans with Papaw's John Deere, you'd have a new level of appreciation for my inspiration for the card. It isn't super fancy, but it served it's purpose as a money holding device for a fifteen year old nephew just fine! And the family got a kick out of my idea for his new wheels.

I also wanted to report that I have my first EVER stamping injury. Yesterday I was having a great time working on Father's Day cards and picture holders, while the kids ransacked their rooms dragging every toy they've ever owned out into the hallway to play there in the middle of the hall next to the laundry room (probably because their rooms had become so cluttered they couldn't find a place to sit or walk or stand ANYWHERE). I somehow managed to launch the top (of course the inked side) of a stamp pad across the desk yesterday and scratched/cut into the meat of my hand below my thumb. This is a tricky spot because it is not band-aid worthy and yet every time I move my hand I re-open this cut. It feels extra nice when I stick it in soapy water too, which you'd think I'd get smart enough not to do...but so far no luck ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment