Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Dora from a Dad's Perspective


Well I got the sweetest compliment on my Thank You card the other day, so I thought I would share them with you. I am personally very attached to the Doodle This stamp set, so I can dare to dream that it is included in the new Fall/Winter 2007 catalog.
After the adventure of putting tubes in DD's ears yesterday at Children's Hospital, it was humorous to listen to my DH (which could be Dorky Hubby) read her favorite Dora book tonight. I don't know if he was trying to test her hearing/listening skills or just amusing himself, but his rendition was enlightening at the very least.

Some of his observations....

...an eight year old and a monkey walking into the woods alone...that's safe...abuela needs to get off her butt and make a grocery run instead.

...Backpack has a teddy bear and some mittens...that will keep them warm...the least abuela could do is knit her a sweater before they go.

...Dora needs to ditch Map and get GPS already...there's gotta be another bridge without a grumpy old troll.

...what's with the buck toothed purple chipmunk? Why is he holding a steaming pile of...?

...cross the mud puddle? It's 10 feet wide..walk around Dora! Geez!


Ok, so maybe this might have traumatized my DD but I was personally crying trying to hold off from bursting into hysterics. You might have to be a parent of a toddler to understand how reading the same book over and over becomes a mind numbing experience, but I will now be able to read it another few hundred times with my newly inspired perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment