Thursday, May 10, 2007

No More Paris News!

I have to say I am really tired of hearing about Paris Hilton and her latest forays into "news worthy" (which I consider debatable) legal problems. Can we not call a spade a spade anymore? If I drove on a suspended license would I not face the same sentence? If Governor Arnold dares to change her sentence, I think Congress should vote to let California officially abandon the Union for the land of lunatics or Hollywoodland or whatever name they want to call themselves. As if parents don't have enough to worry about in today's day and age, but we have to hear the vapid useless press constantly coming at us and our children about the celebrity attention starved (oxymoron that it is) debutantes and bachelors?

I don't mean to rant, but there are just some days I want to clock someone on the head like that V8 commercial I keep seeing these days. The absurd nature of many people's idea of living their lives is getting out of hand, and our press seems to create it just as much as they report on it. If the news doesn't terrify me then it infuriates me. What to do? Start a new colony somewhere? Guess I'll have to think on that one. Hmmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment