Monday, June 25, 2007

Slide Card Quickie Instructions


Ok, ladies, you asked so here goes my attempt to explain the simple slider card. (I tried to find where I got my original instructions, but I am completely at a loss for that one. If I ever come across them again, I will be sure to post the link.)
There are just a few basics to this project. Everything else is left to preference.
You need the Word Window punch, circle punch, and Stampin' Dimensionals.
1--Use the word window punch to punch a channel into about 2/3s of the card, going closer to the top than the bottom.
2--Then punch half a circle at the very top of the cardstock so you can pull the top birds/giraffes slide out to reveal your second secret slider.
3--Lay the top slider (birds and giraffes) inside the card and decide how far up it should go for optimum viewing (but not too far--no more than half the length of the slider).
4--Once you have that slider lined up put a dimensional inside the channel onto the giraffe slider cardstock (from here on called cs). Slide the giraffe cs down and put another dimensional at the bottom of the channel.
5--Now decide how far up the next slider will go (while the giraffe slider is at its top height) and adhere the top slider to the bottom slider on the dimensionals. (Make sure before you adhere your "secret" slider you make sure it will be hidden with the top slider is flush with the card face.)
6--Then adhere the overlay cs (lion/crocodile) over the top "wild about you" slider with dimensionals on all four corners.
I hope these instructions make some kind of sense. Let me know if I have muddled it up even worse!
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment