Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter is Finished!

I am just so crestfallen now that I have finished the book. Not that it wasn't gloriously grand and captivating and everything I didn't know to expect it to be, but now what?

I have finished it and now I know the ending. Was the anticipation the best part? Maybe.

I mean I will reread the seventh book again, but will that be enough? I will go back to "not ignoring" my children, too young to know the older Harry Potter books, and do what? Wait for the sixth Harry Potter movie, I suppose. But then I'll already know the outcome, won't I?

Part of me wanted the kids to be older to experience the release of this last book. To see the frenzy and the excitement over a BOOK. Hopefully the same literary anticipation will come again to this world of iPods and video games and DVRs, but maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment