Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Laundry Monster Strikes Again

Does anyone know how to get rid of the laundry monster or have the number of a good exterminator? I have been going round and round with this terror for more than a month and I just now feel like I'm starting to get the upper hand! Embarrassing, I know.

It probably doesn't help that DD's diapers seem to be exploding/overflowing multiple times a day (creating vast quantities of time sensitive laundry) and DH's softball uniform has to be washed twice a week. Or maybe the real problem is DD likes to drag clothes out of the hamper and "spread the wealth", so after 10 minutes of hunting for the stupid red jersey we finally found it in DD's hamper in her room under a lovely pile of "time sensitive" laundry. The last place we'd thought to look may well become my first spot from now on. I've also caught her trying to cram a sheet and her own socks into DS's crowded underwear drawer (probably b/c it is the only one she can actually pull out.)

My washer even seems to be complaining these days as it does a jig in the laundry room much more often than usual. So should I feel guilty that we obviously have enough clothing to cause such a commotion or should I start a "might be sort of dirty pile" since my DS has taken to changing outfits several times a day? I can't tell you how many pairs of corduroys I washed just the other day, so obviously we aren't sticking to the season at hand.

I washed the same pile of laundry at least twice the other day AFTER I realized that DD likes to helpfully unload a basket full of folded laundry into the floor so she can sit inside the basket. She even managed to shut herself in our dark laundry room the other morning. She wasn't screaming or scared, but I heard this weird scratching noise and went to investigate. She was scratching around searching for the door knob that was lost in the dark. When I opened the door (which she had blocked by standing in a basket) there she was calmly riding her hamper pony.

So if you have the name of a laundry monster exterminator or even a hamper pony rustler, please let me know. I'm getting desperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment